hi Guy! I am new here and this is my first post.

My pc wont start anymore. This is what happen, i was just playing and suddenly my pc shutdown itself. as i tried turning it on again it wont. First thing i did was open the case and observe what happen by the time i press the power button. i observe that the cooling fan of the processor will just rotate a little and it stop. again i press the power and its still the same. 2nd i pull out the power supply and test it alone, i tested all the outpot voltage and everything is ok. so put back in the power supply and turn it on again and still the same. i also tried removing the keyboard, mouse, monitor and turning it on and still the same. anyone here experience this kind of problem?. pls help.

Gil

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

i even change the memory and the video card and try also to clean the entire cpu. the power indicator in the motherboard is on. it means there is power coming in from the power supply. but how come it wont start?

gil

Hi,
I have had this problem before and there are so many reasons why it might not start. What i do is to take the ocmputer out of the case and put it on a table surface (this helps to make sure the motherboard isnt shorting). Has the motherboard got a 4 pin connector that looks similar to the motherboard connector? If so and your power supply does not have this connection is may mean a new power supply.
Or make sure that you have the power switch in the correct plug lol. All to often this is why a computer wont start. If you dont know which try them all. For a quick way you could just rub a screwdriver over the two pins at a time but this is not really recommended lol.
Hope this helps, Nick
www.nbpcservices.co.uk

Hey sorry ignore my previos reply i didnt see this lol.
What do you mean "playing"? lol Was this a game or playing with the computer ityself?
For problems like this try removing the processor, graphics card, ram well everything and then putting it back in. For some strange reason this can solve problems like this.
Hope this helps, Nick
www.nbpcservices.co.uk

Actually, Ive had this problem happen to a friend's computer. Turned out his HD was kaput. You could try removing all non-essential devices and see if the system powers up. If it does, re-connect all devices one by one to see which device is faulty. If the computer doesn't start even then, post what you've done here and we'll go from there.

i even change the memory and the video card and try also to clean the entire cpu. the power indicator in the motherboard is on. it means there is power coming in from the power supply. but how come it wont start?

gil

When you say u cleaned the cpu, you don't actually mean that you took it and wiped it with a Bounty towel right? Or else you at least applied more cooling substance right?

Hey wait! Mabye you should try seeing if the pin connecters connecting the power button and stuff to the motherboard is still working. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

hello Guys,

Thanks for all the help i really appreciate it, now i can turn on my pc....but, i can no longer hear beep from my computer and i'd tried swap the motherboard with the other the same motherboard and i works fine....the computer started fine. i think there something wrong with the motherboard. Again thanks alot....

Hi
I have a simalar problem my fujitsu siemems lapto all i get is the power switch and the battery light come on and the laptop does nothing ???
very puzzling any one else have any suggestions
pltrem@blueyonder.co.uk

hi forgot model is a 1630 amilo

if the power,processer etc, that same problam will come, if posible 1st check your cpu(processer) and tell?????????

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.