I am experiencing a problem that I believe is due to Font Book (or at least fonts). Recently, many apps will not load (such as Safari, Apple Help, Disk Utility etc.) after using Font Book to install new fonts. The app will bounce a few times in the dock, but the loading will stall with no error message. However, if Font Book is currently loaded, any offending app will load fine. Main apps such as InDesign and Photoshop are unaffected.

Any ideas would be a great help. I am using OX10.3.2

I am experiencing a problem that I believe is due to Font Book (or at least fonts). Recently, many apps will not load (such as Safari, Apple Help, Disk Utility etc.) after using Font Book to install new fonts. The app will bounce a few times in the dock, but the loading will stall with no error message. However, if Font Book is currently loaded, any offending app will load fine. �Main apps� such as InDesign and Photoshop are unaffected.

Any ideas would be a great help. I am using OX10.3.2

If you are a serious or even semi-serious designer, I recommend FontAgent Pro by Insider Software (as an alternative to Font Book and quite a bit more stable and less expensive, in my experience, than Suitcase). It has a font repair function that may be able to help you, although YMMV.

Font Book has never done anything but mess up my computer. I recommend using FontAgent and following their instructions for removing fonts from Font Book's control, and also letting FontAgent manage your system fonts.

Just a suggestion.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.