Okay this is the problem I have been having:
I recently had WindowsXP (service pack 1) installed on my computer
I tried to then play a game on Pogo, told me, I needed to DL the JAVA, so went there, did the DL successfully, went back to Pogo, same error message.
I then cleared my cache, closed out the browser, went back to Pogo, same problem.
I then Uninstalled, reinstalled JAVA again same problem. I even went to another web page(www.simslots.com) said I needed to DL JAVA
So I then went to Suns web page, help section, did what they suggested there, everything they suggested there
*make sure IE is the default
*clear cache
*accessed the control panel for java checked things needed there
STILL same problem :(

So then I went to google, did a search there, and found a few suggestions:
*security set on low
*JAVA set on low
ALso read that I can switch back MICROSOFT JVM, so went to Advanced tab, and I have no Microsoft JVM section there at all, nor do I have a JIT complier to check/uncheck, as I read that I should do that as well
I do know I have Microsoft JVM, because I ran, cmd--> typed in jview, and I did not get an error message
It said:Microsoft command line loader for JAVA Version 5.0 along with a bunch of other tech jargen
Oh also, I made sure I have all the critical updates for windows as well.
I also have the newest version of IE --> 6.0 with SP1;Q330994;Q824145
I think I must have uninstalled/reinstalled JAVA 5 times, and still nothing
Its like I have it there, but the programs are not reading I have it installed :(
Can someone help me?? :cry:

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

MS JVM isn't included in Windows XP. Do a google search for Microsoft Java VM download, you'll find it somewhere ;-).

youd be better off with suns version for XP

MS JVM isn't included in Windows XP. Do a google search for Microsoft Java VM download, you'll find it somewhere ;-).

Well I did this : "I do know I have Microsoft JVM, because I ran, cmd--> typed in jview, and I did not get an error message
It said:Microsoft command line loader for JAVA Version 5.0 along with a bunch of other tech jargen"
Would that not indicate that I do in fact have the Microsoft JAVA VM??

Use SUNS version like Faranth said. Should solve your problem, if not, let me know.

Use SUNS version like Faranth said. Should solve your problem, if not, let me know.

I did use suns version, as I said, I dl successfully, and the coffee cup icon popped up once that was done, and still get same error message..
In fact Dl a few times, still nothing. I had uninstalled/reinstalled several times

what does the error message say?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.