Hi,

I was previously a pc user but bought a one-year-old powerbook g4. all was great but now when i turn it on, it shows a globe and then the folder with the blinking question mark. i followed the instructions on the manual to try to fix it but it didn't work. can someone pleeeeaaaassssseeeee help!!!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Try reinstalling OS X.

I did but the first aid found nothing

Try reinstalling Mac OS X. Boot off the installation CD, and follow the guided installer program. Make sure you choose "Archive+Install" option to preserve your data and settings.

morning!

let's see. i bootted with the installation CD, it gave me language options, and then i couldn't find anything for installation. i know you're rolling your eyes but i warned you, i am a computer retard!

It should give you the language options, and then there should be some sort of license agreement. Hit accept, and then it will go on to the next step... you just follow the prompts. The only window that you see on your screen is the installer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.