In the "Folder Options" of windows "Tools" Menu, after changing "view panel" to show "Hidden Files & Folders" and after clicking Apply & OK and close the window the computer still doesn't show Hidden Files & Folders. On reopening the Folder Options the Radio Button has gone back to "Do Not Show Hidden Folders & Files". How can I sort it out ?

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Depends on the registry policy settings. If your PC is a corporate PC, the Admin has prolly set policies to prevent you messing around.

if this is a personal PC it is possible that a trojan has got to you and placed itself where it doesn't want you to go remove it.

download AVG anti-virus, check if it will help.. search AVG on the web it's free...

Tried AVG. It has not helped.

Can u suggest an anti virus program that can remove it.

Try Kaspersky 7...It is lite and top rated

If it is a Trojabn, nothing removes it in one go because it is active and the active thing cannot be removed. Circular argument but true.

So please read the first stick post in the Spyware forum and post a Hijack This log, please.

i can't how hidden files and folder. please hel me for this problem.

I have used Registry Cleaner for some months now and it found three bad guys for me. Formerly it was listed as CCleaner (Crap Cleaner). It does work, it is free. Google System Cleaner, Registry Cleaner.

a virus causes this, get kaspersky, u should be able to get rid of it with it, if you want to view your hidden files, you can also use Winrar, its file explorer shows all hidden files by default...

Windows XP

* Right Click Start.
* Select Explore
* Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
* Select the View Tab.
* Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.
* Uncheck the Hide extensions for known file types option.
* Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
* Click Apply.
* Click OK.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.