Hello all new to the site so i thank you all in advance for your help!

ok here is the issue. when i attempt to start my pc it goes through the boot sequence, posts perfectly and everything but then after the black loading screen for windows it tries to start up windows(the blue screen) and then restarts itself. the odd thing is that i have the restart after failure off in the windows options anyone have any idea? no blue screen of death or anything just constant restart at the same time everytime.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

did u install new hardware?

did u install new hardware?

no new hardware installed, i turned of my firewall and then comp started acting up perhaps it was something it was blocking for quite some time and just got me. it will not allow me to get to safe mode by pressing f8 at start up either but sometimes i can get it o were it prompts me to an improper shutdown and will let me start up with last known working config

If you use genuine Windows, try to contact Microsoft technical support, I was about to tell you to safe mode.
try to restore recent restore point if you can

If you had really important stuff on there then try to recover it, if not then format your harddrive and reinstall.
It is a pain to do but worth it in the end.
(I had to reformat and install last week)

let him try more before formatting :s

hi you can install windows even without formatting your HD..try to load your XP cd and choose repair during the installation process..just try..

hi you can install windows even without formatting your HD..try to load your XP cd and choose repair during the installation process..just try..

good idea ,but a little vague in the instructions ,when trying this don't choose R to repair windows when asked the first time ,choose install winxp ,then in the next screen choose R for repair ,so its choose R for repair the second time you are asked .this will install xp over top of excisting install ,please note: important data could be lost when using this method .

good idea ,but a little vague in the instructions ,when trying this don't choose R to repair windows when asked the first time ,choose install winxp ,then in the next screen choose R for repair ,so its choose R for repair the second time you are asked .this will install xp over top of excisting install ,please note: important data could be lost when using this method .
Also this will only work with full version of xp,will not work with a recovery cd ,like ones that come with Compaqs,HP and Dells and other brand name computers .

let him try more before formatting :s

Hehe sometimes it is just easier to reformat

Why not just try installing an older version of windows such as Win2000 professional without formatting the harddrive?
This should at least get you to the point where you can start up your computer.
Though it may not work.
Have you recently installed anything new or used a program such as registry repair/cleaner?
This may be part of the problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.