Our home has a wireless network set up, but unfortunately an Xbox wireless adapter costs $100. There is a computer near the Xbox that is connected to the wireless network using a Wireless-G PCI Adapter with RangeBooster. I want to be able to share that connection between the Xbox and computer, but I can't enable Internet Connection Sharing. An ethernet cable from the PC to the Xbox has not worked, as it says it cannot acquire the IP address. Any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

wire the xbox to the wireless router ,not the pc.

This is confusing to me, because I'm not exactly sure where the router is then. The rangebooster is just a chip in the computer, with no other ethernet port. So can the computer become a router?

Our home has a wireless network set up,

you say you have a wireless network setup ,in order to have this you would have to have a wireless router ,hooked to you inter modem,and the computer with the Wireless-G PCI Adapter with RangeBooster in will be picking up its signal from you wireless router .or wired to the modem and is not using the Wireless-G PCI Adapter with RangeBooster.
wireless route would look something like this .
http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/sys/515166164.html

So can the computer become a router?

No

its 5:45am and im off to work soon and will not return until 7pm

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.