I have read so many forums with people having similar problems, and done everything people have suggested for them. Yet my problem still persists.

Way back in October, IE stopped loading. So naturally I tried firefox since I had it installed. That also wouldn't work. I'm on a wireless connection, but the other computer is fine. AIM connects, Limewire connects, and I can access the internet by going to My Computer and using the address bar there. Lately it's been aggrivating me though, since I can't click on links or anything. I've run multiple virus, spyware, adware scans. My firewall is disabled. LAN settings are disabled. My security settings are normal. I've tried sfc/scannow. I tried that winsockfix thing. Somebody helllpppp meeee :'(

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Will the actual programs load or is it just the websites not loading?

Both IE and Firefox will open fine. On IE, it will say it has found the website and it's opening/loading, but after about a minute or so it'll come up with the whole "The page cannot be displayed" page. And after I close it, it comes up with the send error report window. Firefox will say it's connecting and then come up blank and say it's done loading. The websites that I go to work, considering I can access them though My Computer. :(

This sounds like it may be caused by a firewall or anti virus program. Many of these programs will re-route traffic in your computer in order to scan the traffic for malicious code. Have you recently removed any firewall, or are you having any problems with a firewall you currently have installed?

I've always had a firewall on my computer, ever since I got it in 2006, and I never had a promlem with it. The internet only stopped working last October. I do have McAfee virus protection and firewall installed (as always) and I've disabled it and lowered the security on it and tried to use IE but still, "the page cannot be displayed". :(

you say you have the problem with both IE an FF but you can try the following it might just work for both your browsers

Hi. I have an internet problem. I am using a laptop at home and it is saying that my wireless connection is connected, but i cannot use any of my web browsers. Although I cant use my web browsers I can still download things on limewire. Limewire is the only thing responding to the internet. Not my browsers or my msn messenger. I carried my computer to geek squad and they said its not my computer its my router. But I dont know what to do with my router to get it to work with my laptop again. The strange things is, two other laptops in the house are working well with the same wireless router but not mines. When I ask windows to diagnose the problem, they say sumfin is wrong with one of my network adapters. I tried unplugging it for a while but that did not work. When i asked msn messenger to diagnose the problem it says there are errors with my key ports and my DNS. I tried flushing my dns and it did not work. I also installed norton the same time this problem occured, but i tried uninstalling it to see if it would solve the prob but nothing is doing. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Hi

How does your machine work if you connect one of the other routers for testing to your network card? If that works than my knowledge tells me its your NIC ( Network Interface Card/Network Card)

According to my knowledge tells me it can eighter be your NIC or the router.

Hi. I have an internet problem. I am using a laptop at home and it is saying that my wireless connection is connected, but i cannot use any of my web browsers. Although I cant use my web browsers I can still download things on limewire. Limewire is the only thing responding to the internet. Not my browsers or my msn messenger. I carried my computer to geek squad and they said its not my computer its my router. But I dont know what to do with my router to get it to work with my laptop again. The strange things is, two other laptops in the house are working well with the same wireless router but not mines. When I ask windows to diagnose the problem, they say sumfin is wrong with one of my network adapters. I tried unplugging it for a while but that did not work. When i asked msn messenger to diagnose the problem it says there are errors with my key ports and my DNS. I tried flushing my dns and it did not work. I also installed norton the same time this problem occured, but i tried uninstalling it to see if it would solve the prob but nothing is doing. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Sounds like limewire has taken over your internet. I would suggest reconfiguring all of your internet settings weather it's manually or via wizard then under the new settings don't let limewire connect to the internet.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.