Hi, I have a problem with a HP Pavilion dv4000 laptop i am using,it shows i have an Internet connection but i can't load any web pages through Mozzila or IE7. The laptop uses a Broadcom 802.11 wireless card and a Realtek RTL8139 NIC and i am running Windows XP. I also have a pc running XP which works fine with a wired ethernet connection and a Vaio laptop running Vista which works fine on the wireless network i have.
My HP laptop won't load web pages when the wireless is switched on or when the ethernet cable is plugged in, even though the both show an excellent connection. I have checked the device manager to see if there are any hardware issues and they both show they are working correctly. I have been through Internet options and LAN settings and checked/unchecked the right boxes but still the problem persists. I have all the right information entered for the wireless network, i just can't make sense of the problem. I have tried typing ipconfig into the DOS prompt to try and ping my IP address, but i get the following message -"An internal error occurred:The request is nor supported. Please contact Microsoft support services" I thought i would try my problem on here before trying Microsoft's support.

If anyone knows how to resolve this issue please let me know, thanks a lot

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

that last part is suspicious. if you don't get and address, you can't connect to the internet. you might have a trojan.

Also, when you mess around with the enviormental variables, it causes the command prompt to give you errors llike those.
do a virus scan, and check enviornmental variables on system properties.

Hi, I have a problem with a HP Pavilion dv4000 laptop i am using,it shows i have an Internet connection but i can't load any web pages through Mozzila or IE7. The laptop uses a Broadcom 802.11 wireless card and a Realtek RTL8139 NIC and i am running Windows XP. I also have a pc running XP which works fine with a wired ethernet connection and a Vaio laptop running Vista which works fine on the wireless network i have.
My HP laptop won't load web pages when the wireless is switched on or when the ethernet cable is plugged in, even though the both show an excellent connection. I have checked the device manager to see if there are any hardware issues and they both show they are working correctly. I have been through Internet options and LAN settings and checked/unchecked the right boxes but still the problem persists. I have all the right information entered for the wireless network, i just can't make sense of the problem. I have tried typing ipconfig into the DOS prompt to try and ping my IP address, but i get the following message -"An internal error occurred:The request is nor supported. Please contact Microsoft support services" I thought i would try my problem on here before trying Microsoft's support.

If anyone knows how to resolve this issue please let me know, thanks a lot

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Were you able to solve?

I have problem in my laptop winows vista, i am using wirless connection in my home,i can see when i will start my computer wirless and bloototh ON, but the network side, if going (Wirless unknown,there no wirless connction ) if i am trying solve problem, coputer giving go to SERVICE...actually i dont know how to solve problem from service...give me exact solution

try to manually enter the ip address.that is assign a fixed ip address.

I too have this issue with a wired connection. I have set a static ip, and see the router, but it will not load a web site, several other computers on this network work fine, help please

:-(

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.