My PC ( windows Xp 2002 version) and my External Hard drive are brand new ( about 2 months old) and the external hard drive ( this one http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=290760&sourceid=2012 ) It told me on the package that I could use it on my Mac aswell as my PC, it works on my Mac, but for some reason its not recognising it on my PC. It knows its there because when i try and diconnect it, it appears in the remove hardware program as location zero. I'm confused, how do I make my PC able to see my hard drive so I can use it?

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I think it is being recognized. Location 0 is the location of your first hard drive. Location 1 would be the second one.

The drives begin with 0, not 1.

Bert

when you put it in the mac, did you format it to a mac proprietary file system?

I think it is being recognized. Location 0 is the location of your first hard drive. Location 1 would be the second one.

The drives begin with 0, not 1.

Bert

I realize that, except that i cant open it in 'My Computer', It doesnt exsist there, it only appears when i try and Remove it. Thats why im confused

when you put it in the mac, did you format it to a mac proprietary file system?

I'm not sure, my Dad did it for me, if he did do that how do i fix the problem?

well, if there's any important data on it, i wouldnt even try, BUT what is the make and model of your drive?

well, if there's any important data on it, i wouldnt even try, BUT what is the make and model of your drive?

if you look at the original post i put up theres a link the hard drive and all its details

I'm not sure, my Dad did it for me, if he did do that how do i fix the problem?

why ask us here ,just as your Dad.
maybe he also setup the encryption software that came with it .below is from the link in your first post

Synchronised and Secure - WD Sync™ synchronization and encryption software lets you take your critical data with you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.