I'm not sure if I changed a setting for start up because when I tap/hold F8 to get the safe mode selection screen, I get another black screen that says:
"Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Copy Right 1985-1988 All Rights Reserved"
"Dell System Dimension 4600i BIOS Version A/O"
and some other lines of text. Is there anyway of changing this instead of having to go into msconfig every time I have to start up safe mode.

And my second question is that I replaced an old broken fan in my computer with a new one, and every time I turn on my computer I get a black screen that says "Alert! Previous Fan Failure. F1 continue, F2 Setup" I know my fans are working fine, how do I bypass this screen?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Have you tried to reset your cmos? maybe that solves your problem.

Raj

That didn't work. I just turned off notifications at start up.

Are you still facing the first issue with your machine then? Also please explain a bit more as to what exactly happens when you go into safe mode? Also does it do the same when you try to start it normally? Need a lil bit more info on that mate. Hope you dont mind.

Raj

Sorry about that, I fixed the safe mode error. My only problem is the Previous Fan Failure. I have a Dell Dimension 4600 with a new fan. I currently disabled alerts, but the Previous Fan Failure Alert is still briefly displayed. Is there a way to completely solve this issue?

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.