I cannot change the default homepage in IE using Tools --> Internet Options --> General. The address location is "grayed out" as are the three buttons below it (Use Current, Use Default, and Use Blank). How can I make these buttons active again?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Man IE is #1 .............Go to the page you want to have as a home page and drag the ICON beside the link and drag it to the HOUSE symbol.
Tell me if that fixes anything.

When I drag the icon next to the web address of some page I want to be the home page over the house symbol above, I get a circle with slash through it. Cant do it.

WOW......legendary stability of IE......it seems that your browser might(suggestion) be Hijacked download www.mozilla.com its what I use never have any problems with it. or unistall IE and reinstall that crapp and post back.
BIG"B's Linked Online Security FOR XP
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
SOFTWARE
Top Four Security Downloads (you must have them)

Note: All downloads above are worthless without updates

HARDWARE

• ROUTERS
  • Netgear

RP114, RT314, RT311, MR314, RP334, RP614, MR814, HR314, DG814

• D-Link

DI-713P, DI-604

• Linksys

BEFSR41 with firmware version 1.43 or later

BEFSR81 with firmware version 2.42.7.1 or later

BEFW11S4 with firmware version 1.42.7 or later

• SMC

SMC7004ABR

• Siemens

SpeedStream 2624 Wireless DSL/Cable Router

• ECT...
  • Routers built without NAT will serve no protection
  • QUESTION: What is NAT BIG"B"
  • DEFINITION:Network address translation(NAT) is used to remap IP #'s from one address range to another range of network addresses. For TCP and UDP, this also can include the port numbers. The IP#'s/port #'s are changed when a packet is going out through an interface and IP Filter matches it against a NAT rules.

Packets coming back in the same interface are remapped, as a matter of course, to their original address information.

SUPER SECURITY MEASURES

• SMOOTHWALL
  • QUESTION: What is SMOOTHWALL BIG"B"
  • DEFINITION: SmoothWall is a best-of-breed Internet firewall/router, designed to run on commodity Intel (or compatible) PCs, and to give an easy-to-use administration interface to those using it.
  • SMOOTHWALL.ORG

This has been another BIG"B" PRODUCTION

I downloaded Ad-Aware 6.0. Ran it and it found problems in the registry. I cleaned them and I was able to change the homepage. Gotta clean up my surfing habits. Thanks B.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.