Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by nickguletskii

Try a system restore....

Is there any other option then system restore??????????

OK, well try doing this, after our other conversation on MSN....

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebyt...re_d5756.htmll) to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

Make sure that you restart the computer.

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

See if that does anything, something could be playing around with your system.

i thnk my system got hacked or mite a virus.. dont knw what d f**k it is:@ ...all my exe files r not running..message box "window cannot open file" appears..so i googled it.. n den joined this forum.. i need help urgently..
i chck out all the links u ppl gave but d thing s that i cant run that saved exe file also..:'( :'( plz any1 help me...i tried run also instead f saving... that too s not workin'..:( :'( ...guys out der pls help me
help me pls

i thnk my system got hacked or mite a virus.. dont knw what d f**k it is:@ ...all my exe files r not running..message box "window cannot open file" appears..so i googled it.. n den joined this forum.. i need help urgently..
i chck out all the links u ppl gave but d thing s that i cant run that saved exe file also..:'( :'( plz any1 help me...i tried run also instead f saving... that too s not workin'..:( :'( ...guys out der pls help me
help me pls

hi....
i would like to know ur os......if xp then use the following link
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm
on this click on approp file and reboot the system
this might help you

Excuse me, but if executables cant run, then system restore cant... THINK!!! It once happened to me...

I am also having this issue on Windows 7 except instead of not opening anything all of my exe files open internet explorer. I went to the page to change file associations but exe isn't listed. I tried the registry correction site listed but it didn't help bc this is 64-bit windows 7 not xp. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

save ur files and reinstall ur system...im pretty much sure someone played on ur registry...it happen on me b4, i played on my registry like i dont want a certain .exe file to run, and i forgot something and thats screwed the system, so dont have any remedies but to reinstall...

Actually I found another forum that had a file on the page to fix the registry error so I already fixed it good as new. :^)

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.