My internet is being a dork. It works on and off. Everytime i load up the internet (i use internet explorer and i have DSL) any webpage i go to will come up as "cannot find server" EVERY time. But that's not the weird part, the weird part is that after refreshing a few times the page will FINALLY work, sometimes fully and sometimes just partially (like pics wont show up or something) and whenever i click on a link, it does the SAME thing. I've tried restarting my computer, and restoring my internet options and everything. It's really getting on my nerves, anyone know what's wrong and how i can't fix it??

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Maybe its the home page you have it set to.(change home page)
(suggestion)Defrag,diskclean,diskcheck,clear cookies,clear spyware,clean registry,use www.MOZILLA.org.

Do you have windows XP?, On windows XP & windows 2000 there is something called DNS resolver caching.
This is were your computer does the job of your isp and plucks from its datatbase the ip addresses of webpages. however it sometimes can be filled with inaccurate DNS information. to resolve this you will probably have to use the command interpreter to access it.
goto run and type cmd then press enter.
type in ipconfig/flushdns
then arp -a
then ipconfig/release
then ipconfig /renew
then ipconfig /registerdns
you can view whats held in the dns register by typing ipconfig/displaydns
also I would recommend using nslookup while your there and type in the www addy of your favorite malfunctioning website and see what IP number it gives you and try typing that into your browser.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.