We have asked this question to posters here,with BSOD [Daniweb] many times !and have gotten this answer !

Did you Install any new software lately !

Answer !, no nothing yet ,its a clean/fresh install of WinXP!

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Tech Support: “I need you to right-click on the Open Desktop.”
Customer: “Ok.”
Tech Support: “Did you get a pop-up menu?”
Customer: “No.”
Tech Support: “Ok. Right click again. Do you see a pop-up menu?”
Customer: “No.”
Tech Support:: “Ok, sir. Can you tell me what you have done up until this point?”
Customer: “Sure, you told me to write ‘click’ and I wrote ‘click’.”

This thread was started here some time ago:

hello

new member and i want to start a thread in a forum to get help with outlook express - i must be not so smart since i can't even figure out how to do this

The irony is that the OP had to start a thread to ask this question.

This thread was started here some time ago:

The irony is that the OP had to start a thread to ask this question.

lol

Best one I seen in person as it was happening was this one .

customer had computer in for repair !
Customer in back shop of computer store , Repairman shut down windows and unplugged here tower ,passed her the tower and told it it was all fixed and ready to go!.
She said but what about all my stuff on my desktop ,how do i get it home ,I will have to take your monitor with me.she thought all here stuff was on the monitor !wonder what she thought the tower was for .

He he he!! Good one caperjack. You will be surprised in how many computer owners think the computer is actually the monitor, and the tower is just something to start it with.

Tech Support: “Ok, in the bottom left hand side of the screen, can you see the ‘OK’ button displayed?”
Customer: “Wow. How can you see my screen from there?”

He he he!! Good one caperjack. You will be surprised in how many computer owners think the computer is actually the monitor, and the tower is just something to start it with.

I fix computers at home and many people call me and say ,
Listen if I drop of my hard drive will you clean it out for me !They are referring to there tower.

We were doing a survey years ago of PC's in a company and asked the users a number of questions of which two were

1) Do you do regular backups ? Answer yes

2) How often ? Answer once per year

(I suppose it is regular)

Denis

Reminds of the one told to me by techie at local computer store 1
Business office fire ,computer and desk burned and secretary said no problem i have all important data backed up !
when asked where she kept them , she said in my purse!
guess whew it was ! on her desk next to the burnt computer

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.