Hello,

As the title explains I can't make shortcuts to anything, as soon as i try to it runs the winrar install shield, even though its already installed.

I'm running XP SP3.

Thanks Bahra

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello,

As the title explains I can't make shortcuts to anything, as soon as i try to it runs the winrar install shield, even though its already installed.

I'm running XP SP3.

Thanks Bahra

please explain how you are making the shortcuts ,
are u right clicking on the desktop and going to new and doing it there or using the drag and drop from start menu

I was right clicking and then selecting shortcut, then after that it would palce the shortcut icon but start the winrar installer.

However I found out that it ran the process IRSetup.exe. So i completely uninstalled Winrar, deleted all remenants of it and still it was able to start the installer. As well as this i researced IRSetup and found it to be in the temp folder so also deleted this and it was still able to install.

So finally i just gave up and formatted and its fine now.

But thanks anyway :)

Bahra

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.