Ive been trying to get this to work for over a week now..

After setting up the bios to boot the CD-ROM drive first I pop in the Windows XP disk. It goes to this blue screen where it starts loading all the files on the disk. But, like a minute or two into loading the files the computer just reboots itself, it dosint display any error messages, it just reboots. It then continues this process over and over again. Just a never-ending reboot cycle.

System Specs:
3.6 Ghz Intel Pentium Processor
1GB RAM
300 GB Hard Drive (SATA)
Plextor PX-716SA (SATA) Optical Drive
Asus P5LD2-VM Motherboard

Computer is also brand new, I assembled it myself. I checked over and over again the hardware setup, and everything looks perfect.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advanced! :)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Ive been trying to get this to work for over a week now..

After setting up the bios to boot the CD-ROM drive first I pop in the Windows XP disk. It goes to this blue screen where it starts loading all the files on the disk. But, like a minute or two into loading the files the computer just reboots itself, it dosint display any error messages, it just reboots. It then continues this process over and over again. Just a never-ending reboot cycle.

System Specs:
3.6 Ghz Intel Pentium Processor
1GB RAM
300 GB Hard Drive (SATA)
Plextor PX-716SA (SATA) Optical Drive
Asus P5LD2-VM Motherboard

Computer is also brand new, I assembled it myself. I checked over and over again the hardware setup, and everything looks perfect.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advanced! :)

Did u load the OS in this system previously, did it work, are u reinstalling windows

If it's a clean install you're performing, try to format the partition using NTFS (not the quick option). If this doesn't help, your problem lies somewhere in the hardware. Either the RAM is faulty or the CPU is overheating. Try using your RAM modules on another computer and a known working RAM module on your computer. If this doesn't help, go to your BIOS and check the CPU temperature. Intel processors are notorious for heating up these days, and they barely keep cool with the stock heat sink/fan combo. If heating is your issue, replace the HS/Fan with one from Thermaltake or another such brand. Be sure to apply a thin layer of Arctic Silver on the heatsink base.

On another note, it's possible your mobo may be faulty, in which case the option is to get it replaced.

Let me know if these suggestions help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.