Recently, sometimes when browsing internet explorer (or any web browser such as Firefox or Maxthon) will not load up any internet pages. However, Outlook and Messenger will access the internet. To get it working again, the computer has to be restarted. Any ideas as to what is causing it?Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is moderately annoying!

Ryan

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Did you scan for spyware or virus problems. Try that. Make sure windows is up to date. Try that and let me know.........

At the moment it seems to be behaving itself, as these things do. However, this also happened to my mums computer at home and when Ad-Aware, Spybot and McAffee were run nothing came up. I rang up onetel to ask for help and they determined that there was a connection but that IE was not accessing the internet. They then pointed me towards the Microsoft support team, who were on holiday, and so I just ended up doing a system restore instead. I think I even tried a WinSockXP Fix but that didn't work. I think this also happened with my sisters laptop as well thinking about it! That ended up getting restored too!

At the moment it seems to be behaving itself, as these things do. However, this also happened to my mums computer at home and when Ad-Aware, Spybot and McAffee were run nothing came up. I rang up onetel to ask for help and they determined that there was a connection but that IE was not accessing the internet. They then pointed me towards the Microsoft support team, who were on holiday, and so I just ended up doing a system restore instead. I think I even tried a WinSockXP Fix but that didn't work. I think this also happened with my sisters laptop as well thinking about it! That ended up getting restored too!

Yea sometimes that is the only way to fix xp. Thats why I keep all my programs backed up big time and worse comes to worse reload xp. I even orderd service pack 2 on cd. Free. Free shipping. Takes about a week. Handy to have thats forsure. Sorry I couldnt help you out more. Have a nice day

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.