Hi. I want to reformat my laptop. I got Windows Xp. But I didn't get an install cd. When i got this laptop, I just turned it on, and it started to install Xp by itself. Help? And ask for more info if you need to.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

If you are wanting to reformat your hdd and install from scratch you will need that disc. Nothing else you can do without it.

Most laptops nowadays come with a hidden restore partition. Usually you hit some button during boot (sometimes f11?)

check your manuals

ask help from the manufacturer of your laptop, you can ask support from them by chatting on-line.. as jbennet suggested read your manual.. if don't have do a search on the web..

Most laptops nowadays come with a hidden restore partition. Usually you hit some button during boot (sometimes f11?)

check your manuals

Thanks! I'll try that soon and tell what happened. :)

check your manuals

most laptops today prompt you to create recovery dvd's when you first turn it on ,or you go into start all programs ans system recovery /recover disk creator or something like that,if you missed it the first time ,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.