In addition, my avg updates doesnt work, nor anything that needs to go out to a website to update. All of these say that they cannot connect to the internet. I am trying also to connect a new linksys router and it says that it cannot detect the network. how can this be when i connect and surf just fine with my msn explorer, you know, the one with the butterfly! Help!! I am now not able to even use my old wireless router. Should I somehow change the default version of explorer to the one that works to steer these other programs to it to get a valid connection?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

i say you have a virus....

Do the following:

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.

• Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.

Good Luck :)

Cohen

In addition, my avg updates doesnt work, nor anything that needs to go out to a website to update. All of these say that they cannot connect to the internet. I am trying also to connect a new linksys router and it says that it cannot detect the network. how can this be when i connect and surf just fine with my msn explorer, you know, the one with the butterfly! Help!! I am now not able to even use my old wireless router. Should I somehow change the default version of explorer to the one that works to steer these other programs to it to get a valid connection?

There are many factors that can come into play with Internet/Network access problems, but since you're using MSN Explorer and since there is no longer active development on that browser except for those using MSN Internet access and a Windows Live ID, I will skip over firewall considerations and take my first guess as being that your other browsers have not been configured for MSN Internet Access.

In fact, I'm not even sure if MSN Internet can be accessed with browsers other than MSN Explorer, since I am not a customer of MSN Internet. I would take advantage of your MSN access and check out that question first (whether other browsers can be used for MSN Internet).

Good luck!

- Hank Castello, CompuSolver.com
Current project: Web-Professor.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.