Anybody else see this? I frequent a site that has a link to another HTTPS site on it. When I click on the HTTPS link, the pop up window doesn't appear. It just locks IE. Task manager shows two instances of IE Explorer running and if I close both I can relaunch IE and start browsing again. If I just manually type the HTTPS address in the address bar I can access it fine. This all started Wednesday morning after the 13 MS patches came out. I have done some light research around the web and haven't found any other posts related to this.

Windows 2000 SP4 and all current Hotfixes.
IE6 SP1 and call current Hotfixes.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Anybody else see this? I frequent a site that has a link to another HTTPS site on it. When I click on the HTTPS link, the pop up window doesn't appear. It just locks IE. Task manager shows two instances of IE Explorer running and if I close both I can relaunch IE and start browsing again. If I just manually type the HTTPS address in the address bar I can access it fine. This all started Wednesday morning after the 13 MS patches came out. I have done some light research around the web and haven't found any other posts related to this.

Windows 2000 SP4 and all current Hotfixes.
IE6 SP1 and call current Hotfixes.

post a link to the site in question!

www.vcu.com Click on Free Online Banking on the left side.

www.vcu.com Click on Free Online Banking on the left side.

Just as i thought the browser is seeing the link as a popup and is blocking it ,either click the popup message that comes up along the uper part of the screen and click allow popups or hold down the CTRL key when you clik on the link ,.

I know what your talking about with the message across the top of the page (under the address bar). I never get that. This is only happening on Windows 2000 SP4 PC's with the current hotfixes.

I know what your talking about with the message across the top of the page (under the address bar). I never get that. This is only happening on Windows 2000 SP4 PC's with the current hotfixes.

sorry i missed the os in you post ,my info is for winxp or a 3 party popup stopper

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.