Dear experts,
I am having some trouble finding my printer in Windows XP Pro. I was having some trouble with spyware but I think that it is now fixed. Not sure though. I try the device manager and looking to see what hardware is listed, and it says that the device is functioning properly. I can't seem to find it. I also don't know where my printer CD is so I am stuck. I hope someone can help.

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Sphyenx

A few things to start with:

- Was the printer functioning properly at some point in the past?

- How is the printer connected to the computer (USB or Parallel cable)?

- What is the make/model of the printer?

- Have you tried the "Add Printer" wizard under Printers and faxes in your Start Menu?

If you can find the cd just simply download the settings of the printer from the net and try it.

A few things to start with:

- Was the printer functioning properly at some point in the past?
Yes it was working in the past.

- How is the printer connected to the computer (USB or Parallel cable)?
Parallel cable
- What is the make/model of the printer?
Compaq IJ300
- Have you tried the "Add Printer" wizard under Printers and faxes in your Start Menu?

Yes, I have. Nothing in the window. I am not liking Windows XP now.

If you can find the cd just simply download the settings of the printer from the net and try it.

Do you have a link that I can follow to download the settings from the net?

I have not been able to find the CD for the printer. It is four years old, and I have moved 3 times since I bought it. Can't find the CD for the Compaq IJ 300.

I have not been able to find the CD for the printer. It is four years old, and I have moved 3 times since I bought it. Can't find the CD for the Compaq IJ 300.

Compaq site only has drivers for win 3.1 and win95 ,time for and new printer me thinks .
Compaq

Originaly with usb, when you pop it in the port's well it should run up, installing driver stc automatically. Thats why i dont like XP, i use 2000, which is one step below. SO mine dont install everything. Are you sure your putting it in right? and are the cables broken. etc. The only thing i can think is drop by tigerdirect.com and pick up a new printer (they are way to cheap!)

The manufactors web site only has drivers for win3.1 amd win95 ,so i dought very much if this printer has a USB connection!!!

ok, my bad. But that printer isnt that old, and including that i opened up google, and boom I found some drivers for 98SE and win2k, Its got usb.
http://www.printer-drivers.com/companies/236.htm
(=, lol. theres 127 files found for you, choose the ones you need. I didnt read the list but i saw your printer in there!.
IJ300 driver Compaq_IJ300.rar [more] All Windows 2000 Apr 4, 2003
IJ300 driver SP10493.exe [more] Windows 98SE Nov 4, 2002
IJ300 driver SP11739.exe [more] Windows 98SE Nov 4, 2002
IJ300 driver CompaqIJ300.zip [more] Windows 98 Oct 10, 2002
IJ300 driver [more] Windows XP Feb 17, 2002

Tell me if it work's. (=

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.