Though I'm not a newbie, this really is a newbie question - forgive my humble lack of knowledge of what I should know!

I am away from home at the moment using a laptop with XP SP1. (56k connexion). On my home PC, when I need to fill in text boxes online, I can double-click the box and see what I've typed before, often on all sorts of unrelated sites, so I can just click the text I need and get on. This works in IE6, but not other browsers.

It's not happening on this laptop, in any browser. Why? Cookies? I can't work it out (whilst blushing invisibly behind my little keyboard!), so I'm asking...

Thanks in advance,

HB20.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

in IE go to tools/internet options /content/auto complete,and check off the ones you want to auto complete .

Great, caperjack - thanks! Now, how do we do it in the other browsers, notably Netscape? All tips welcome, and I'll have a look myself too... ;)

haven't use netscape in years sorry !
I use firefox but can't find it anywhere ,there is tools /options and i look around but dont see it . .

Hi, caperjack,

Netscape 7 is quite cool, but in any case if you can't find it in Firefox, it's probably not there in Netscape either. I've looked too, and in the Help stuff, etc. Thanks anyway for your help.

Bean.

i think in the old netscape there was some thing in File/options or preferences ,maybe

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.