I wanna first thank to all DANI web members, Administrator, moderators and to all it's members.

I have a PC, which is Windows XP home Edition. It doesn't boot when i start, this is what happens when i start the PC.
After a few seconds of the start, i am getting blue Monitor with the Message <NO SIGNAL>. And it is still the same result, if go on the SAVE MODE, WINDOWS NORMAL STARTING, NETWORK MODE . There is no change in all MODES. After the first start, let me say after some secods the NO SIGNAL messages appears and it will restart austomatically: and it is like loop, restarting again and again when ever <no signal> message appears and doing the same again.

This Message is on the head. Your windows couldn't be shut down normall because of Hardware or Software Problems
A friend told me, it could have Graphic or video card error, the resolution on the monitor is not ok too.
So Please i need Help.
i really don't know what to do

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Are you saying that you get a Blue Screen of Death that states no signal, or the regular monitor "no signal" screen?

Hi Mubo

The first thing i would do is remove all the PCI cards from the machine ... including your graphics card. Hopefully your motherboard has a VGA port.... plug you screen into this port for know... then try to boot PC. If the screen works ... then you may have something pulling the PCI BUS down. If computer boots up fine good ... shut it down. Install the graphics card and try again... if you get the same error ...first look at your Power supply... swop it or replace it... it may not be providing enough power... let us know up to this pont

Kindest regards
Darren

Are you saying that you get a Blue Screen of Death that states no signal, or the regular monitor "no signal" screen?

I mean regular monitor "no signal", which appears a few seconds of booting, is booting failure and doesnt work even with save mood option at very start of booting.

thanks for reply

Hi Mubo

The first thing i would do is remove all the PCI cards from the machine ... including your graphics card. Hopefully your motherboard has a VGA port.... plug you screen into this port for know... then try to boot PC. If the screen works ... then you may have something pulling the PCI BUS down. If computer boots up fine good ... shut it down. Install the graphics card and try again... if you get the same error ...first look at your Power supply... swop it or replace it... it may not be providing enough power... let us know up to this pont

Kindest regards
Darren

hi Darren thanks for your reply.

i am not at home now, but when i get home , i will do it the way you told me and let you know the outcome

Best regards

Looks like your sys has been pretty well booted if you are getting the choice of which level of OS to load [Safe, Normal etc...].If you select Safe mode do you see a list of drivers loading [they scroll rapidly in B&W on your screen]?

graphic card or monitor's cable.

Its very well a hardware issue and not a software issue...could be even solved just by tightening some wires. Check if the monitor cable connecting the CPU is properly fit in.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.