Easter Bunny 0 Junior Poster in Training

ok, now i'm no n00b, so i checked the ram and harddrive space. there is more than enough memory (1gb total and only about 300mb used) and harddrive (can't remember exactly, but it was more than 10gb unused) space left.

i have scoured the internet for ideas and now i'm wondering if someone here can help.

at work, one of the girls has inherited the office of a girl who left, so the old email address is still there and now her new one as well. both email accounts pull emails from our server which is on the network. the one email address works fine, but the other one get one or two emails, then comes up with an error:

"an attempt to allocate memory failed. the system is out of memory... server response: 'ok -2 -14466'.... error number: 0x80070J0E"

after a while, she sends herself an email, it works fine. if she tries to do a send and receive again, it comes up with that error.

now, this used to happen on her first computer as well, so i moved her to outlook and that fixed the problem for a few days.

i have tried:

- running c:\windows\system32\fixmapi.exe
- open outlook express, file -> folder -> compact all folders
- creating a new email account
- creating a new identity
- renaming the folder containing all the dbx files so that outlook exress creates its own new files.

i'm not sure if this problem is on the other email account as well. just thought about it now, so i'll go give that a shot when i get a chance and report back. posted two screenshots of the error message.

thanks for the help guys.