Hi,

I'll start by saying that I am a rookie. For the past few months my Dell Dimension E510 (Windows XP Media Edition) has been experiencing problems with the blue screen of death. Specifically, the message Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the Stop code:0X000000DI (0XE1ECB000,0x00000002,0x00000000,0XF8898CF6) appears. No specific drivers or devices are specified. At first, it happened occasionally, and rebooting the system eliminated it for a while. Now, when the system is booted and a user logs on, the screen automatically appears.

It's been long enough now that we don't remember if there was a change in drivers at the time that the problem began.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Judy

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Perhaps it is due to RAM errors. Try swapping it out if you have multiple sticks.

try a system restore,maybe wrong driver update...

what hardware is in your system and what were you doing at the time this happened its definitely a driver error where you accidently installed the wrong driver

Try use the Last Known Good configuration to reload the working driver profile.
You can do this by pressing the F8 key when PC boots, then select from the list LKGC and press enter.

Also, you can download the latest chipset driver, install the driver and must reboot PC to take effect. After that, install the other new drivers as well.

Hope this helps!
Bill

I had the same problem

check the bus speed of the ram, that fixed my problem for a while

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.