Sallybarrett 0 Newbie Poster

Hi There,

I have a user at a remote site who's emails prior to 8.20pm 11th August mysteriously dissappeared from her Inbox. She had around 600 she swears she hasn't deleted them, I have checked and they are not in her deleted items, she has no rules setup and no filters and she has not got a pst file?

The only thing she did differently was to log on a different PC and set up her email account on the new PC. I told her to log back on to the old PC to see if she could see them there but she couldn't.

This morning she logged on at a different location and emailed me to say the emails were all back but within 5 minutes they had gone again? I suspecetd that there may have been a pst file involved at this location so I connected remotely to the PC she was working on this morning but there was no pst?

Another user at her location has a problem where his emails in his inbox dissapear after 7 days, again he has no filter set up and no pst. He did have an incredible 32 rules setup which I switched off and still his emails disappear after 7 days. They have some other bizzarre email problems which I won't go into at the moment.

They are using Outlook 2003 clients and we are running Exchange Server 2003 in a single domain environment, they connect to our domain via a Juniper Netscreen. We have other remote locations that don't have these problems the only thing different with these two troublesome locations is the netscreens.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem or have any ideas? I'm not holding out much hope, I just don't know what to try next and the manager at these locations is demanding answers, which I haven't got :(

Thanks

Sally