I have upgraded to Windows Vista but i have lost all my sound

How do i get it back?
I've heard that i need a sound card driver but i've looked everywhere and couldn't find one

I'm currently using hp speakers (ZD929AA#ABA)

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S
Please move this thread to the right forum if i did this wrong

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

its not the speakers that matter. its your soundcard. Do you know what soundcard you have? (chances are that its built into your motherboard) - you will need to find a vista compatible driver for it or MAYBE get a BIOS update (this did the trick for my dell)

Erg im a newbie at this

how do i find out what driver i had?

back in windows xp i had this

k888811 think for realtek

Ok don’t know what your problem is I am by no means a Vista pro “In the office we went as far as to disallow its use completely, “way to many security issues at present.”
But if you need to flash your Bios as a previous poster suggested, and if you’re a new at such things as you have suggested. Please take it to the shop! Bricking your computer will cost way more to fix then having someone else flash your Bios. Just trying to be helpful.

- Fatal Grace

he most likely needs the sound driver mentioned above

anyway flashing a bios is painless, just DONT TURN IT OFF DURING IT

he most likely needs the sound driver mentioned above

anyway flashing a bios is painless, just DONT TURN IT OFF DURING IT

I'd go so far as saying do it on a clear day. There is nothing quite as horrid as a bad bios flash.

on second thought, take it to the shop anyway, unless you are quite certain that you won'd screw it up.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.