Is there a way to install multiple versions of IE on an XP PC? As a webdesigner/developer I would like to run 6.0, 7.0, and 8.0 for testing.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I used to want to do that too. Now I have a firefox addon called IE Tab and Safari as my only 2 browsers to test with, because of this site: http://browsershots.org/

:)

I saw that same search result, but at the bottom of teh page it said that program was no longer supported.

Thanks!!! I bookmarked the page for later use.

I saw that same search result, but at the bottom of teh page it said that program was no longer supported.

i think maybe there are issues because of ie7-8,maybe its not possible or even necessary to run multiple anymore

i think maybe there are issues because of ie7-8,maybe its not possible or even necessary to run multiple anymore

actually it's not necessary as I saw with the post from beerlover. If you go to his post he posts a link to a site you can submit your site to and they will posts screenshots of how it looks on the browsers you check off. I don't know the response time yet and you might have to have a URL but it's seems to be good stuff.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.