I am getting slow PC startup problem when it boots. My friend suggested me to use registry cleaner. I just want suggestions from people about registry cleaners which are available. Please Comment.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

One way would be to backup all your data, and reinstall your operating system

Currently i m using registry software which i had downloaded from <snip> n it really working well.

you can disable some unnessary program like msn live messenger.
simply click on the strat then click on run
type "msconfig" then click on ok.
then go on "start up" and disable unnessary programs.

Hi,
There is a lot of disagreement about the effectiveness of registry cleaners, if you wanted to run one of the many available online, make sure that you back up your registry (make a system restore point in XP or 7) before you even think of using one.
A few things you can try to speed up your system:-
1. Go "start" "run" and type "msconfig" without the " ", click "start up" tab and see what programs are running at start up. They all take time to load, if there are any you don't even want, uninstall them from "Add and remove programs" in control panel. If there are programs you want but do not need to have running when you boot up, open that program and set the preferences not to start at boot or windows start.
2. Find your "disk clean up" and clean up your drive. (different places for different OS)
3. Defragment your drive.
4. Other very minor changes can be made like not allowing a background picture on your desktop, but even if you did ten things like that, they would reduce the boot up time by such a small amount you would never notice.

The best way to speed up your PC is to format the drive and start with a clean install, (as the life of the PC goes on, it collects little bits of data that you can never get rid of it all without a format), but that requires you to reinstall all your programs, save and reload all your data, and to download Windows service pack 3 and all the updates released since. If you ever consider this action, look into slipstreaming your OS CD now.

Hi again,
I have read that disabling programs through msconfig will make the PC slower than disabling it through the program. That is, the loader has instructions to boot the program and before it starts to boot it it looks at the msconfig file where it finds instructions not to load it. so it goes back to the boot.ini and finds the next program to load. I do not know how long this takes but if you disable many programs through msconfig, it must take longer to boot.
As I said, I have read it some where but I am not sure, if and how much it could or would affect the booting time. Maybe someone here with more knowledge will give you more information. (Please)
I just thought of another tip to shorten the boot time, in msconfig, there is a box with 30 in it. this is the time you have to make a change to the boot process before it starts to boot. Change the time to 3 and you will boot 27 seconds quicker. If you ever need to use that 3 seconds, just keep tapping the up arrow as the second boot screen starts.

You can manually do it by typing 'msconfig' on searchbox then Click startup tab, uncheck unnecessary programs then restart. Alternative choice is that download startup manager.

Hi,
1. Go "start" "run" and type "msconfig" without the " ", click "start up" tab and see what programs are running at start up. They all take time to load, if there are any you don't even want, uninstall

You can manually do it by typing 'msconfig' on searchbox then Click startup tab, uncheck unnecessary programs then restart. Alternative choice is that download startup manager.

Doh!

delete files in temp folder.......i think it ll make ur sys faster 2 someextent....

This may be cos some parts of the programs u uninstalled mite be still present in ur registry or system folders...

try to remove it completely using perfect uninstaller... it worked well for me... download it from this site http://download.cnet.com/Perfect-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10803305.html

also check for spywares....run the windows cleanup utility...download it from here http://download.cnet.com/Microsoft-Windows-Installer-Cleanup-Utility/3000-18512_4-15905.html

hope this proves helpful to u...

Jenifer

I am getting slow PC startup problem when it boots. My friend suggested me to use registry cleaner. I just want suggestions from people about registry cleaners which are available. Please Comment.

The only real way to get it back to full speed is to format the harddrive and reistall windows. You can also see how many applications launch at start up. Do start > run > msconfig and disable some unwanted startup apps.

Sometimes if your computer starts running a little bit slower than usual that might mean that you should look into getting a registry cleaner. If you rely on your computer a lot and it's important to you then taking the right steps to keep it up and running is important.

When you let the registry files add up and keep going and going without occasionally cleaning it up it will just get worse. Eventually it gets so bad it might be hard to deal with, so it's better to clean it regularly.

Be careful though because deleting something that you need on your computer can ruin it and stop it from running windows at all.

Windows stores all the important things that makes your computer run in the registry, so take good care of it. It is important to have your computer running with the best performance available and any errors in the windows registry will prevent this and slow your computer right down.

Take the time to find a decent and good registry cleaner and let it do the job so it knows what it's doing and you won't accidentally delete something that you have to have. If you don't know what you are doing, don't mess about with it.

When you are looking for a cleaner, try to find one that will back up the files before it cleans it. Sometimes things can happen and something important might accidentally get removed so the backup files are there to help resolve the issue.

Throughout the time that you have had the computer, it has built up registry files and so much more that you have to keep it cleaned or it will create more problems in the future. It's not a good idea to try to mess with something if you don't know what you are doing.

That is why there are registry cleaners that will do it for you.

Before you choose one you can usually download a free registry scanner from the same manufacturer and see how effective it is before choosing one to use.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.