My computer is an HP Pavilion Media Center Edition 2005; Windows XP.
Upon starting it, I get the message: Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk And Press Enter.

What can I do to get my computer to work???
F8 doesn't work. And on the F1 Setup page, there's only One of the Six Drives that have anything in them.

1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th Drive say: [None]
The 2nd Drive: [HL-DT-STDVDRRW].

When I go to Boot Device Priority, it tells me that the Floppy Group, HDD Group, and Network Group are: [NOT INSTALLED]. Only the CD_ROM Group Boot Priority has something and it's the HD letters I wrote above.

I'm no computer genius, and I'm getting really frustrated. Someone, please help!!!

In the setup page, see whether you can select auto detect the hard disk. If that doesn't work than you have to open up the computer case. Check the cable if it is connected properly than power on the computer and listen whether there is any respond from the hard disk. You can remove the hard disk and test it on another computer. If none of that works than you may need to replace the hard disk.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.