Hello friends,
As all we know that disk less client does not have any OS,i have done booting clients with single server in network,now i want to boot a client in a network in presence of 2 server for eg:-Windows server 2003 & Linux server,in this i am just booting from a boot image & i would like to add a program in that boot image that can now scan for a n number of server's available in network & give a option to client to boot from.....plz can any one suggest me how to start for this

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello friends,
As all we know that disk less client does not have any OS,i have done booting clients with single server in network,now i want to boot a client in a network in presence of 2 server for eg:-Windows server 2003 & Linux server,in this i am just booting from a boot image & i would like to add a program in that boot image that can now scan for a n number of server's available in network & give a option to client to boot from.....plz can any one suggest me how to start for this

thanks

hello Friends,
Sorry if i can't Explain my question properly,what i am trying to do is i want to writ a program which scan network for Operating system at boot time.plz if any known how to start writing that program in c.reference plz
Thank u all

hi, scroll up see the toolbar at the top and you see different categories,like Hardware /software and software development and web development ,got it ,click on the software development one and you get different links pick the one best to suite your needs ,this is where the people you might be able to help you best hang out !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.