This is really driving me nuts and I cant figure out what is wrong.

I made an administrator account and a guest account. I recently changed the guest account to administrator and the Administrator account to standard. It shows that both have been changed to that mode. But when I am on the Admin user account certain fuctions say that I do not have authority to make changes because I am still considered a guest and not admin. And the Standard account still has admin capabilities.

Second, I cannot create another user account from either admin or standard when I go to create new account it says that " I cant use symbols;"<>? / as a user name" I am not and none of my keys are stuck.

Third, I cannot delete a user account it prompts me to and says am I sure and when I click ok it just takes me back to the user account home page and the users are still there.

Would love a trouble shoot, thank you

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

type "control userpasswords2" in run. Click "properties" when selecting the accounts and under group membership, set them to admin/standard user as appropriate.

type "control userpasswords2" in run. Click "properties" when selecting the accounts and under group membership, set them to admin/standard user as appropriate.

Thank you Jbennet but when I tried that in the administrator account it gave me an error that says" The user cannot be added because the following error occured access denied, The group membership for my-PC/guest cannot be updated" same thing for the standard account when I tried that.

It says when I change admin account to standard account I have to set another account as admin before I do that but I cannot even create a new account.

Boot into safe mode and then perform the account management as "Administrator" (A hidden super-admin account that isnt normally usable)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.