Hi all
Can any one tell me what is the main coding or process behind copy, paste in windows?
And is there any technique or software available to prevent copy the data from the windows or cd?
Kindly reply this.........?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I've never heard of a way to lock out copy-paste on a file. You can do it in programs or websites through access restrictions, but that's not going to help you with files that are available locally.

You would need to specify the Operating system; win XP, win 7 or maybe windows 3.1.

Which filesystem would you be using; FAT16, FAT32, NTFS?

The OSes may do it slightly different.

I had a partiton with my media on, i reinstalled my OSes and couldn't copy,delete or move some of the files. This was because I didn't have the right permissions, I had to take ownership of those files before I could use them normally.

You need to be more specific.

You would need to specify the Operating system; win XP, win 7 or maybe windows 3.1.

Which filesystem would you be using; FAT16, FAT32, NTFS?

The OSes may do it slightly different.

I had a partiton with my media on, i reinstalled my OSes and couldn't copy,delete or move some of the files. This was because I didn't have the right permissions, I had to take ownership of those files before I could use them normally.

You need to be more specific.

Well i am using win XP, and NTFS file system
basically i want to prevent the copy for my CD
Is there any technique(coding) or any software for this?
Kindly reply for this

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.