Occasionally, when I boot up windows, it doesn't detect my USB mouse. All I have to do is unplug and then replug the mouse and it works again but it's pretty annoying and I want to find out what exactly the problem is. Its not like mouse input is not detected... the USB just doesn't send power to the mouse. The red light inside the mouse doesn't show up.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

the port might be failing. try it in a different port for a bit. see if it stops playing up.

If you are using laptop you may be experiencing that problem,
but is it if desktop computer, then your mouse driver is not properly installed try an re-install it manually

where can I find the driver for my mouse?

you must search for your mouse brand and code on internet then find out the mouse company page where you can dowload the proper drivers

yeah, could be the mouse driver, or the usb hub driver. which you can update through windows update, here:

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

let us know if you fix it, or if you don't.

what kind of mouse you have?

Thanks. I'll try that. I have a USB mouse which I got when i bought the PC . (It's an ACER)

Thanks. I'll try that. I have a USB mouse which I got when i bought the PC . (It's an ACER)

Ok, so just update the native Windows mouse drivers through Windows update then. And your USB ones, too. You don't have anything special that requires separate or 3rd party stuff.

Have you checkd the physical mouse cable, might have a bend, or an internal break in that causing a problem, too.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.