I am currently experiencing an issue whereby I have two computers that are over five years old now, but the thing is that they just "stopped working." When I try and identify the problem as to why they are not powering up, It turns out that it has something to do with the ram.

I have done the process of elimination, checked CPU, power supply, HDD, and ram. Everything is working, but if the ram is inserted, the PC will not power up!! If I remove the ram, it will power up, but give the "no ram" beep's.

I have added ram to the motherboard that I know is working, as I took it from a working PC, but still get the same problem.

Any ideas, suggestions, recommendations??

Help please.

Ryan.

Hi,

I dont think that I can answer your question ( really sorry ) but maybe you can help me. Recently I opened an attachment from a UPS email ( which looked genuine )
and a virus /trojan something has affected my notebook now. It kept trying to make me purchase a dodgy l;ooking Security software and now everytime I try to open any program from desktop for e.g

I get the message that there are not enough system resources available

and also something like C:\system32\rundll.32.

Do you know what I can do to restore the machine to normal working order?

Does it have to go to the IT doctor?
tNX
Cyril

I am currently experiencing an issue whereby I have two computers that are over five years old now, but the thing is that they just "stopped working." When I try and identify the problem as to why they are not powering up, It turns out that it has something to do with the ram.

I have done the process of elimination, checked CPU, power supply, HDD, and ram. Everything is working, but if the ram is inserted, the PC will not power up!! If I remove the ram, it will power up, but give the "no ram" beep's.

I have added ram to the motherboard that I know is working, as I took it from a working PC, but still get the same problem.

Any ideas, suggestions, recommendations??

Help please.

Ryan.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.