Hello,

I posted this here because I think my issue relates to the OS. Recently bought my first headset (wired). The OS does not recognize it but it does recognize a Bluetooth head set based on a usb Bluetooth device. I upgraded from Vista Home Basic to Vista Ultimate and there where installation issues. Supplier support techs helped solve them; however, my speakers would not work. The tech deactivated something in order to install a OS box sound drive package. Can you guide me to an instruction sheet to assess and fix this so I can use my headset on my T3604?

Thank you in advance,
Matthew

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The tech deactivated something in order to install a OS box sound drive package.

with out knowing what he did ,not sure what anyone could tell you to do to fix your problem
,i still cant figure out what you are talking about ,as i don't see what doing a os upgrade could have done to cause the sound device to stop working

The copy of Vista Ultimate I have was a freebee from a MS development seminar, first run. When the tech was assisting me he discovered that Windows was not picking up the OEM sound driver package.

After installing and uninstalling multiple times Vista Ultimate finally noticed the sound card and offered to install the drivers. We had downloaded the latest driver package from eMachine but windows would not install it. On the last attempt to install the OEM driver’s windows offered their driver version in place of the OEM. I needed to get my machine running for school and decided to settle for that.

I called Microsoft today but had to leave for work, and plan on calling them tomorrow. Thanks for responding.

MOBotwright

We had downloaded the latest driver package from eMachine but windows would not install it

is it possible that its a setup install you downloaded ,did you go into the folder of the oem driver download ans see if there was a setup.exe/application.exe file to click on to install drivers/software

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.