I have had this computer for a few years. Problem started about 2 years ago.

While playing games such as Dawn of War:Dark Crusade the computer randomly stalls for a few seconds every few seconds. The sound stops and stutters while stalling.

I am inexperienced with computers and have read other posts and dont know what people are on about. I need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

What kind of graphical card do you have?

Hi Williwm1

I have this issue before on Windows Vista 64 bit. I was able to solve the issues when I put extra cooling solution to my processor.

You could check your processors temperature using speedfan

Regards,
Al

Hi Williwm1

I have this issue before on Windows Vista 64 bit. I was able to solve the issues when I put extra cooling solution to my processor.

You could check your processors temperature using speedfan

Regards,
Al

The cause of the freezing, or locking up, of your computer, is due to some either corrupted or missing files. And more specifically, missing or corrupted registry files. These are the files which tell everything on your how it is suppose to work. Basically, they are configuration files. And if these files get corrupted, or messed up, it can wreck havoc.

Sometimes the registry files end up missing. This can happen when you uninstall software from your computer. The software being uninstalled may remove registry files also associated with another program. There should be a message asking you whether or not you want to delete the files as they are associated with another program. Your best bet is to say NO to this and leave the files. If the files end up missing, then the program which needs them will stall, hang, or freeze the next time it tries to run. But there is a simple way to fix this.

By just running registry scan software on your computer, you can find these problems and fix them right away. It will let you know which files are bad, and will fix them to its original state. And it is this simple step which will show you how to fix your computer freezing.

@kristain...i was having this problem
usually i just turn it off n then on but now it refuses to boot up...it only does this attempting repairs stuff...how do i get round it cos its been just there and its not going away. thanks

I have had this computer for a few years. Problem started about 2 years ago.

While playing games such as Dawn of War:Dark Crusade the computer randomly stalls for a few seconds every few seconds. The sound stops and stutters while stalling.

I am inexperienced with computers and have read other posts and dont know what people are on about. I need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would first suspect that your video card or integrated video (if you don't have a monitor hookup down on the lower part / add in section of your tower) can't handle what you are throwing at it. If it used to be able to handle it, you could try dusting out around the fans and heatsinks. Make sure not to bump any capacitors if you do this, or reach in without having a hand on the metal of the case (grounded).

If more than just the game is messing up...freezing...
You could also make sure your hard drive will pass all tests that it is suppose to. See what brand it is. Download a utility from them (Western Digital, Seagate, Hitachi...etc) and burn a cd of it (use CD burner XP if you don't know how to handle an iso file - it's free). There are usually quick and longer tests. It could have errors.

I had one recently going very slow...even tho it was a fast computer...because of bad sectors.

But if it is only when playing certain games...you may want to look up the minimum required specifications for the game before you download or buy them. Integrated graphics can't handle much in terms of gaming.

If you want to do more gaming, consider a video card. There are 3 main types...older PCI...AGP...and the newer...PCI-express. If your computer is 3-6 years old it may an AGP port. Also make sure the power requirements don't exceed your power supply you have.

I Guess you need more ram or a better video card.

You need to shut down your system and then reboot it. If you still get the same problem then check your hard disk might be your hard disk has been damaged.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.