I had Office 2007 Home / Student installed with Publisher & working on a Toshiba running Vista. The Tosh was a Friday crock that is finally dying. I tried to install the programs on a new machine running Win 7.

The install was good. When I opened the programs they all gave an error saying there was a license conflict over the user. It told me to reinstall & select repair. Repair said there was nothing wrong with the install, so nothing can be repaired. I decided to uninstall the suite. Uninstall tells me I need Administrator permission to uninstall and thus refuses to uninstall. I am the administrator & the license holder!

How do I get the suite off the machine?

Contributors
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Ghostrider939

Sorry if this appears obvious, but first I would go into Control panel/user options and CONFIRM that you have set yourself up as the system administrator. I also run a Tosh, although I have Win7. Also being a newbie I have loaded plenty of idiot programs and then uninstalled again without difficulty. Office being pretty much a Core system may be harder in which case wait for someone with brains to see your post. Regards and Best wishes in your endeavour...Wayne

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.