Hello. I'm joining the forum to seek help for my Gateway laptop. My problem is all I'm getting is a black screen -after bootup and logging on. Safe mode works fine and I've tried a system restore with no luck.

Anyway, I hope this forum will help me with a fix.

Please guide me as to where I should post my details and questions in here for best help. Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Does the windows login screen load up fine and then you get the black screen after putting the password in?

Does the monitor turn off or just go black?
Have you any other user accounts to try?

Boot into safe mode and delete the video driver under my computer/properties/device manager/video driver. Reboot to normal mode. It's either video driver conflicting with some software and on reboot will load some vesa framebuff driver or it's another software glitch. Make sure in the bios video cache is off too!.

Hello. I'm joining the forum to seek help for my Gateway laptop. My problem is all I'm getting is a black screen -after bootup and logging on. Safe mode works fine and I've tried a system restore with no luck.

Anyway, I hope this forum will help me with a fix.

Please guide me as to where I should post my details and questions in here for best help. Thanks

^^^^Thanks R06613 I'll try that and report back.

Does the windows login screen load up fine and then you get the black screen after putting the password in?

Yes

Does the monitor turn off or just go black?

hmmm, definitely seems like it just turns black and not really off per say.

Have you any other user accounts to try?

Yes, same issue occurs.

This is my wifes laptop, would her hard drive almost being full cause this?

i think windows repair is the best option for this.
boot your computer bootable CD of windows and repair.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.