Hello, I'm new to the forum. :)

We have an older system and we've run into some issues..

The OS is Windows XP and it's a Dell Dimension E510 with a manufacturers date of 11/17/05

At first I just had issues with the Roxio program. I kept getting a screen saying it wouldn't load because of a certificate file - sounds like a registry problem maybe?
anyway, it won't let me uninstall this program!!

Now, I'm getting the blue screen of death!

The error reads:

the problem seems to be caused by the following file: ialmrnt5

the error code is: 0x000000EA (0x86517910, 0x868CD3DO, 0xF7975CBC, 0x00000001)

Prior to any of these problems, there were colored lines showing up randomly on the screen...

I was advised to run the "regedit" but that has been diabled on this computer

Any advice please? My husband used that computer for work!

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Hello, I'm new to the forum. :)

Any advice please? My husband used that computer for work!

just because of that last line ,i would reinstall windows and get all device the drivers from Dell

will they have them for that old of a system?

uh ooooh So, I guess that would mean that he's lost all of his work files? :-(

uh ooooh So, I guess that would mean that he's lost all of his work files? :-(

sorry ,you said "used " so i assumed he no longer used it for work !
best to leave it alone i guess if losing file and stuff is a issue

thank you. that was a typo. I meant to say "uses". He uses this computer for work purposes, but last night we were able to save his work files by going in on safe mode and transferring them onto an external hard drive.

right now we have several issues going on here:
of course you have the option to pick and choose whichever issue you want, and help, or not to offer any advice at all. :-)

1)now we are getting another message:
error code:0x0000008E
win32k.sys address: BF83AE92
base at BF800000 datestamp 4a8564

2)an issue with Roxio Easy Media Creator. We continually get a dialog box that says "preparing to install..." then, immediately after that, one that says "please wait while Windows configures Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 Basic VCD edition" Then ANOTHER that has a red X -titled severe- that says: "unable to find a certificate file" We installed this program months ago!..why would this be coming up now? It won't let me uninstall it with the add/remove programs. I have also tried to remove it within the program file itself. when I ran a search for the program, 2 folders of the exact same contents, with the exact number of megabyte's came up. When I tried it this way I got a dialog box that says: Runtime error! this program has requested the Runtime to terminate it an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information"

3) I'm sure I'm making you crazy at this point. while int he boot menu...
the sequence reads like this:

1. onboard or USB floppy Drive (not present)
2. onboard SATA Hard Drive
3. onboard IDE Hard Drive (not present)
4. onboard or USB CD-Rom Drive
5. USB Device

should the system be booting from #1? especically if it says "not present"?
which brings me to this...this is what it says when the computer starts up now.

Drive 1 not found: Serial ATA, SATA-2
Floppy diskette seek failure

Whatever help you can give at this point is welcome...

:-)

I also want to add that last night he restored the computer to an earlier date in March 2010..

to boot to windows it should be booting to #2, you can go into the bios and disable the floppy drive if the computer doesn't have one.to boot from a windows cd to reinstall windows the first boot device should be set to #4

the only time i have ever seen the certificate error was on a few computer with the incorrect date and time set on it .

yeah, ya know, it did also say something about the correct date. but looking at the bottom right corner, it is correct.

so, boot to 2. onboard SATA Hard Drive?

try system restore to like few months back'
then u should also try using regitry cleaner after the restore,
then try ccleaner.
(both Ccleaner and registry cleaner can be downloaded free)

oh! thank you twhentea. I know for sure that the registry needs cleaning. I'll also look into Ccleaner, whatever that is. :-)

Thank you caperjack!

ok, we restored the computer to factory default, and we are STILL having the blue screen come up with the SAME issue, the display driver

It says "The problem seems to be caused by the following file: ialmrnt5

0x000000EA

any advice?

it seems he wasn't installing any of the critical or other windows updatess since he's had it. I'm assuming that is important..

anyway.....can anyone help?

Thanks

The blue screen also says "The device got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly"

I need a registry cleaner that not only finds the problems, but also fixes it..for free if possible

I also want to add that last night he restored the computer to an earlier date in March 2010..

is it workout with the all Files?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.