I would like to connect to another PC in my network using remote desktop connection, but I can't. Both PC's are using windows 7, both PC's are in same network and they can send files to each other with no problems.

When using remote desktop connection I don't get any further than Log-in screen. I tried using my-pc's username and host pc's username, but each time I get error "password or username incorrect" (I don't use password on either of pc's). What could be the problem here ? Do I need to create another user account in host pc just to use remote desktop connection ?

7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by wonderland

It is the lack of passwords that is the issue. To use remote desktop, you have to allow remote connections on each of the PC's, and this is a different thing to sharing files/folders.

You also have to have a seperate user acoount with a password on each PC, not the default 'log on' account only, this is a deliberate security feature.

Hi dear, u create a seperate account with admin rights on both machines, and also set a same psw in both machines. Now make sure u enabled remote access option in both machines. Now try to remote desktoping. If any issues reply to this....
Vishwas K

also when you login to the remote machine enter the remote computers name followed by a "\" for example: pc02\user

Thank you guys , I will try this out some time in nearest future.

Cheers !

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.