Hi, for some reason when ever I go onto google, yahoo or any search engine, the only results I get are that of phishing and scam sites.
This started happening just after I had removed three virus' (one of those scan ware things that pretend to be anti-virus') that had infected a file I was downloading. I turned my internet off as soon as I realized what had happened and jumped onto safe mode, then used my other computer (the computer I am currently on) to find a way to delete them.
Once I had, I also needed to fix my browsers because they wouldn't connect me to a webpage - however my IM worked fine. So now, everything is fine, although I cannot use a search engine because all I get are scam sites and what not.

My laptop is a Acer TravelMate 4720 with Windows 7 32bit installed and the browser I am using is Google Chrome.

Thanks to anyone who can help :D

7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by nik3kin

This is appropriately named, "Google Redirect." There are lots of variations of it. If you can't remove the hard drive and scan it in another machine, there is a secret I will share with you. Let's say you want to download hijackthis or Malwarebyte's Anti-malware (which you do). Search for what you want, Right-click the link, and select "Copy Shortcut." Now Right-click in the Address bar, select paste, and press ENTER. Do this rather than clicking links, and you will be able to get around enough to get some Anti-malware tools.

Good Luck

Thanks, but it doesn't really help. My search engine shows only scam sites, as in if I searched in "runescape" it would come up with the same results most of the time.
"Help windows become better! download!" is an example.

Though I couldn't be bothered to fix the problem so I reformatted my laptop and the problems is yesterdays kitty litter, thanks though for replying.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.