Hi
Actually i m trying to installation with XP operating system at least 3 times through the different disk but all time installation processes are uncompleted in installation phase (it is stop on the time of 34 min.)

i have tow hard disk (10 gb & 40 gb) and two RAM (128mb each)

So plz guide to me how to complete installation

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Frank Wallis

Hi and welcome to the Daniweb forums :).

==========

Do not use the "Flag bad post" for your own posts :).

Hi

Are you trying to upgrade from any legacy OS like 98/me etc. ? if you are upgrading, try to copy the i386 folder in local drive and then run the installation
Installation in Xp, if stops between 34 - 37 mins then its an issue while installing the drivers. Check if any hardware like printer,scanner etc is attached to the system or not

GOOD LUCK

Hi
i have not any hrdware device like printer and scanner divece

Hi

Are you trying to upgrade from any legacy OS like 98/me etc. ? if you are upgrading, try to copy the i386 folder in local drive and then run the installation
Installation in Xp, if stops between 34 - 37 mins then its an issue while installing the drivers. Check if any hardware like printer,scanner etc is attached to the system or not

GOOD LUCK

check with the first set of resolution ........ " if you are upgrading, try to copy the i386 folder from cd in local drive and then run the installation
"

Hi
i have formeted the hard disk its fresh installation
so how to copy in local drive

check with the first set of resolution ........ " if you are upgrading, try to copy the i386 folder from cd in local drive and then run the installation
"

ok ....

then try this

run the installation again, keep an eye on the timer , the moment it shows 37 mins remaining , press SHIFT + F10, this will open a command prompt, type -taskmgr- (w/o dashes), this will open task manager , go to processes tab and end process all the svchost running, it should help

GOOD LUCk

ok
dear ,i'ii try to this
Thanksssssssssss

ok ....

then try this

run the installation again, keep an eye on the timer , the moment it shows 37 mins remaining , press SHIFT + F10, this will open a command prompt, type -taskmgr- (w/o dashes), this will open task manager , go to processes tab and end process all the svchost running, it should help

GOOD LUCk

Are you installing WinXP on a blank Hard Drive or a non-blank
Hard Drive?

Do you get any error messege when you try to install from the
bootable CDs?

Hi
i have using blank formeted hard disk
and there r not showing any error msg when try to installation

Are you installing WinXP on a blank Hard Drive or a non-blank
Hard Drive?

Do you get any error messege when you try to install from the
bootable CDs?

At which point or phase of installation does your computer not responds?

There must be a hardware issue.

mention all the information that you see on the screen where
you face this problem of installation.

Please note that if there is a scratch on a CD ,it cannot be read by the
CD-ROM at all.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.