Whenever I put a blank disk in my CD-RW Windows XP Home starts an unwanted program. It used to be ACDSEE, but after i uninstalled it and installed Paint Shop Pro 10, it changed to PSP10. Audio CD's, Video CD's, work without problems.

Changing the properties of the drive via the Explorer doesn't work. Actually it doesn't even show PSP10 as one of the options! Choosing one of the other for blank disks doesn't change anything. I tried autofix from Microsoft as well. Nothing changed. I tried Tweak UI. No change PSP10 is not shown as one of the autoplayhandlers!!). I tried removing the eventhandler for pictures from PSP10 straight from the registry as that was the only handler i saw for PSP10. No change.
It's driving me crazy. Anyone got any suggestion?
Thanks in advance

Wanderer

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

did you try setting it to take no action in auto play ,in properties of the drive in mycomputer,then selecting a different action the next time you put in a blank cd-rw

did you try setting it to take no action in auto play ,in properties of the drive in mycomputer,then selecting a different action the next time you put in a blank cd-rw

Yep I did try to change it to almost any choice I had. Nothing changed any time.

All I can say to that is Strange!

All I can say to that is Strange!

I quite agree, but how to solve it?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.