Hi Guys,

Does Outlook 2003 Junk Mail filter catch email automatically or does it only catch spam that you block sender.

I realise that this could be helpful for blocking a email off a company news letter but it does not block email of the same content but coming from different senders. I get an email that comes every day at least once and comes from several different senders, these senders are different everyday. I 'block the sender' on each one, but outlook never seems to filter them into the junk-email folder.

Does outlook have a feature that will block email containing keywords or a specific content?

If it does not does anyone know of a good piece of freeware that is a GOOD spam filter.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

The filter works on a blacklist which you set up as you block senders.
It works well but is not intelligent enough to anticipate what is spam and what isn't.

For a more intelligent solution (which so far is 100% effective on my system after a few weeks of training) is Spambayes.
Look for it at sourceforge.

Hi Guys,

Does Outlook 2003 Junk Mail filter catch email automatically or does it only catch spam that you block sender.

I realise that this could be helpful for blocking a email off a company news letter but it does not block email of the same content but coming from different senders. I get an email that comes every day at least once and comes from several different senders, these senders are different everyday. I 'block the sender' on each one, but outlook never seems to filter them into the junk-email folder.

Does outlook have a feature that will block email containing keywords or a specific content?

If it does not does anyone know of a good piece of freeware that is a GOOD spam filter.

I don't like how Microsoft Spam filter from Outlook 2003 works, and I could not check my incoming email without Spambully.
The very first time you start SpamBully, its Bayesian spam filter will intelligently learn from your own personal email habits, identifying good and spam messages. Everytime you download your email, SpamBully will make sure good emails make it to your Inbox. Spam emails are sent to the "Spam" folder. Emails SpamBully may have difficulty classifying, go to a special "Unsure" folder. You can always adjust emails in these folders by using the Spam and Not Spam buttons in the SpamBully toolbar. Tons of other features.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.