Using windows XP, i map a drive on another computer & it displays it my computer & i can connect to it fine & all but when i reboot or even if i log off & log back on the mapped network drive is not displayed in my computer & i have to re-map it. The re-connect at log on box is always checked. Any solutions?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

When you set up the network drive there is a box you can check that says "Reconnect at logon".

Already tried that if you read my first post.

Ensure that when you map the network drive, that you are doing so with the login/password, i.e. the network credentials that you will be using after the reboot and use commonly. XP will use a default set of credentials that may be different to your login name. The option to change the login/password is called "connect using a different username"

Stuart

Sorry about that I should read more carefully. Are you using any logon scripts for users when they log on. This may solve the problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.