The details...Windows XP (all the SP's), Internet Explorer 6., Norton Internet Security & AV, WinPatrol, TrojanHunter, etc....Problem: Internet Explorer has become excruciatingly slow to load pages. Windows Firewall is off. I've run Ad-Aware & SPybot so much I can actually read most of the names of the files as they go by! What's confusing is that if I log on as a Guest, IE flies as fast as it ever did. This leads me to believe that it has something to do (or that I did) as the Administrator. Any ideas as to what to fix?
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Empty/Delete all off your Temp, Temporary Internet Files, and clear your history. Then see what happens. ;)

IE Explorer --> Tools --> Internet Options --> General "tab" --> clear History / Delete Files {select delete all offline content} / delete cookies.

Yep...did that a while ago. I'm guessing its something to do with the Norton Firewall. Think I'll try to uninstall Norton.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.