amaze122 0 Newbie Poster

I have 3 external Lacie 500gb harddrives. One, (drive "K") recently quit being recognized by Windows. I was not alarmed, this was the third time this had happened, usually a reboot fixed the problem. This time, however, even after 7 reboots, the problem persisted. A call to tech support yielded the expected result; try two things, then idiotically suggest that the only recourse is to format.
In the meantime, a copy of a dvd disc (X-files, season 6, disc 2) that I copied to another Lacie, (drive "M"), started giving this message when I tried to access it: "The volume "M" is not formated, would you like to format it now?" This was the same message that drive "K" was giving out just before it went down. The difference is that drive "K" was giving this message for any and every file on the drive, whereas "M" only gives out that message for this file, every other file on the drive is okay. I copied this disc (X-Files) in the first place, because it had a scratch, and was a bear to play in the dvd drive; but when I copied it to the hard drive, it played without a hitch. Thinking this folder might be the cause of all my problems, I tried to delete it, and got a "cyclic redundancy" error. This is the error you usually get when you try to play a scratched disc in your dvd player. I am almost convinced now, that if I can just delete this folder, all my problems will go away, but it resists my every effort at doing so. When I boot up in "diagnostic startup" mode, I still can accomplish nothing. When I go to the command prompt from Windows, I can see the directory when I type in "dir", but when I choose "del", or "rmdir", it says it can not find the file. How do I get rid of this thing, and will doing so solve all my problems in this matter?
P.S. one more note; when I go to "disk management" drive "K" is recognized; it says "healthy", but it no longer says "NTFS"...