Hi,

Previously I had Canon S200spx BJ Printer, which i dont use it now, so i removed the printer and its driver. This printer had created a folder in C: BJPrinter, which i removed but it comes back again, the moment i restart the computer this folder appears in the drive, i have tried to delete it a number of times but it reappears.

Is the folder created during installation of printer or is it a virus, any suggestions friends.

Thanx in advance

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jaishankar

Hi,

Previously I had Canon S200spx BJ Printer, which i dont use it now, so i removed the printer and its driver. This printer had created a folder in C: BJPrinter, which i removed but it comes back again, the moment i restart the computer this folder appears in the drive, i have tried to delete it a number of times but it reappears.

Is the folder created during installation of printer or is it a virus, any suggestions friends.

Thanx in advance

Hi,

Try taking it out is safe mode.

-T

Hi,

Try taking it out is safe mode.

-T

I tried in safe mode too, but not solved

How did you remove your Canon S200spx BJ Printer?? did you uninstall it completely .... try installing it again and then uninstalling it completely from add/remove programs in the control panel.

How did you remove your Canon S200spx BJ Printer?? did you uninstall it completely .... try installing it again and then uninstalling it completely from add/remove programs in the control panel.

i uninstalled it from add remove programs only

i uninstalled it from add remove programs only

Try from add remove hardware or device manager.

Ok This is how i did

First i went to Start-Printers and Faxes and selected Canon printer and clicked on delete

Again from Add Remove Programs i uninstalled the Canon Software

Shutdown the computer and Unplugged the printer and restarted it

I also removed the folder from Program Files

After a Week or so i just enabled 'show hidden files and folders' and then i saw this folder in C drive, i deleted it.
Again after a few days i saw this folder in C drive i again deleted it but it reappears, i even tried to remove from safe mode. This folder is Hidden one

There is no problem with it but i want to know why it is not deleting

I request to help me

Thanx

There is no hardware installed only the folder i not deleting

I'm wondering if the uninstaller isn't complete and it's still leaving things in the registry. Go to regedit and do a search for the name of the folder that keeps reappearing or the printer model or something like that.

I'm wondering if the uninstaller isn't complete and it's still leaving things in the registry. Go to regedit and do a search for the name of the folder that keeps reappearing or the printer model or something like that.

Thanx all of u for such quick replies, i have tried every method mention by u people, but no result

And there is nothing in the folder it is empty

i want to post a screenshot of c drive but how shall i do it

I think no one has the answer for this question

I do :) press print screen(may be prnt scrn) on your keyboard(above the insert button). that takes a pic of the desktop and puts in the clipboard. Then go into paint and hit ctrl-z. save it and post the attachment here.

-T

I do :) press print screen(may be prnt scrn) on your keyboard(above the insert button). that takes a pic of the desktop and puts in the clipboard. Then go into paint and hit ctrl-z. save it and post the attachment here.

-T

Ok this is the screen shot of the C: drive

Attachments BJPrinter.JPG 68.67 KB

According to Canon's support site you should run the Uninstall from Start, All Programs, Canon folder and not Add/Remove programs. Of course you'll have to reinstall to do this. If that still doesn't work try emptying the folder first' or Shift + Delete (bypasses the Recycle Bin).

According to Canon's support site you should run the Uninstall from Start, All Programs, Canon folder and not Add/Remove programs. Of course you'll have to reinstall to do this. If that still doesn't work try emptying the folder first' or Shift + Delete (bypasses the Recycle Bin).

that's the thing i every time do to delete a file or folder

I always press Shift+Del, its become a habit

Wat shall i do shall i reinstall the printer and uninstall it from Start-allprograms

I also agree, that seems to be the best option...

-T

First of all i thank all u guys who have spent such precious time 4 me, trying to sort out the problem.

At last the problem solved, donno how i missed these registry entries. I scanned my registry using Registry Mechanic 5.0 and Easy Cleaner, they found some 30 entries related to Canon Printer, and after deleting them i got rid of the folder

Thanx once again

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.